Cloud Based Mastering

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:02:21 CET 2014

Everything you said seems right ... But even waiting few days to master
with fresh ears,I want to go back to mix ... Then i m turning in round :)

Also I see a lot of people proposing to master songs... But I really
doubt if they are all using hardware ...
Gijs from heliophile pays a guy in USA 20 euro a song for mastering ... And
he s glad about the result ....

:)

On Monday, November 3, 2014, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at upcmail.nl> wrote:

> Rom MUSIC BAR schreef op 3-11-2014 9:30:
>
>> Nice subject , I didn t listen the tracks yet ...
>> But imo it is difficult to master your own tracks ...  Am i the only to
>> think this ?
>>

> It's what everyone says, same with mixing. Most people even leave the
> composition part to others. They just buy albums or songs and listen to
> them ;-)
>
> Although I think it is definitely worth it to let someone else do your
> mastering, especially if you're releasing an "official" album on CD or DVD,
> there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't do it yourself - as long as
> you know what you're doing.
>
> Best thing is to let a song "rest" for one or two days, so you'll hear it
> with "fresh" ears. But even that is not necesarry. As I said before: your
> ears are the most important instrument here.
>
> --
> Gert
>
> gert van santen
> www.gertvansanten.nl