Cloud Based Mastering

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Nov 3 11:26:14 CET 2014

Rom MUSIC BAR schreef op 3-11-2014 9:30:
> Nice subject , I didn t listen the tracks yet …
> But imo it is difficult to master your own tracks …  Am i the only to think this ?

It's what everyone says, same with mixing. Most people even leave
the composition part to others. They just buy albums or songs and
listen to them ;-)

Although I think it is definitely worth it to let someone else do
your mastering, especially if you're releasing an "official"
album on CD or DVD, there's absolutely no reason why you
shouldn't do it yourself - as long as you know what you're doing.

Best thing is to let a song "rest" for one or two days, so you'll
hear it with "fresh" ears. But even that is not necesarry. As I
said before: your ears are the most important instrument here.

--
Gert

gert van santen
www.gertvansanten.nl