Off to see Tangerine Dream...

Chris Strellis chris at strellis.com
Thu May 29 11:49:40 CEST 2014

Hi Paul,

>Nope, I'm in the other end of town watching NiN.

Cool – didn’t know that was on. What did you think of them?

>Have fun and let is know what your think..

Fortunately, for a farewell tour gig (they will play one offs) it was very good. We were up in the God’s looking down and the sound seemed very muddy there but then I’ve never been impressed with PA systems of late.

They played some old songs from Sorcerer, some 80s stuff like Logos, Poland and Hyperborea and some newer stuff so it seemed to satisfy everyone. There was a Chinese violinist/cellist too who took over some of the synth lead sounds (especially on Logos) to great effect. There was the inevitable saxophone and some flute from Linda Spa but it wasn’t too bad and the percussion was very good from Iris Camaa

TD are apparently going to hook up with Jean-Michel Jarre! Edgar Froese seems very frail these days.

Cheers

Chris