iPhone 4S "no service"

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Mar 21 23:56:12 CET 2014

moron schreef op 20-3-2014 20:20:

> On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 20:17 +0100, Peter Korsten wrote:
>> Well, it should be brand new, really. Just an older model. But I'll take
>> it back to work and I'm of a mind to get her a brand new iPhone 5 or 5C.
>> I'm a bit fed up of her having crappy phones all the time.
> I can't vouch for the phone functions (never used 'em) but as far as
> hardware and OS performance is concerned, the Nexus 5 is pretty zippy.

Well, she had an HTC Desire S (?) before and Android is probably just
not her thing. It was funny, really, when I was patiently explaining
something to her on the phone, and my manager commented that he calls
these non-technical people "muggles". :)

Anyway, swapped the phone for a new one. And this one is actually
working. Then later, we discovered that mobile data wasn't working.
Looked on the internet, then used my brain and rang my colleagues at
customer care. Because this being Apple, you need a different APN.
Forgot about that for a second.

Time to uninstall iTunes from my PC. :)

- Peter