Thinking of going: Bitcoin 2014

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Mar 8 14:16:31 CET 2014

Jay Vaughan schreef op 8-3-2014 11:44:

> All money is �fake money�.  Bitcoin is a currency without centralized control.

The problem is, though, that for some people –you included– not having
centralised control is a Good Thing. And you're willing to overlook, or
ignore, the obvious advantages that centralised control brings with it.

Face it: if centralised control didn't work, it'd disappear. That's
simply evolution at work. Perhaps it needs a catalyst, like the collapse
of the ancien régime in France just before the revolution, or WW1 to get
rid of autocratic empires (at least for a while) in the rest of Europe.
But if a large enough portion of the population gets fed up of
something, it will go, one way or another.

If a large enough portion of the population gets fed up with currency
with centralised control (and guarantees, and deposit safety, etcetera),
it will disappear and be replaced by something else. But I'm not
counting on that, because state-controlled currency has far too many
advantages over "new" currencies such as Bitcoin.

- Peter