Sane way of dealing with LTspice library

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:47:48 CET 2014

So, I've decided it was time for me to stop just setting up circuits from
other people and existing design and start doing things myself :D

My first attempt was to design a wavefolder overdrive and I gotta say I'm
really pleased with the result. Since it works extremely well on really low
subs, I would like to create a small synth out of it and I'm currently
reading about making a VCA.

As part of this learning phase, I'm also trying to get my head around
LTspice and simulations, since it provides a lot of insight upfront. But it
seems that everytime I need a component, I have to go through arcane black
magic pages to figure out what to do.

For example I have taken the CA3080A zip from the yahoo group files and
although I can open the example locally, I don't know how this particular
one should be split between sub/sym folder. Or even just finding a
potentiometer symbol is a PITA.

The other point is that I have more than one machine I work on and it
doesn't look like I can define any 'additional' library so that I could
host it on dropbox, meaning I got to do the arcane ancient art on every
machine.

Has anybody a sane advice for me ?

Thanks !
/M