NIN in Vienna

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at outlook.com
Tue Jun 10 16:48:50 CEST 2014

Its kind of goes both ways.  You're getting old and boring at the same rate the artists of your youth are getting old and boring.  NIN's latest album was pretty boring to me.  I just couldn't get into it.  I think part of it is because the 'magic' of how he get's those sounds is long gone for me.  In fact, there are a lot of artists that used to impress me that don't do anything for me anymore for that reason.
I am going to see NIN with Soundgarden in a few months hear in Chicago.  I am looking forward to it, but I have seen both bands a gazillion times.  I am not sure what they could do that I haven't seen before.  It's almost a waste.
Tony