NIN in Vienna

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Tue Jun 10 10:44:35 CEST 2014

Jay Vaughan schreef op 10-6-2014 10:28:
> I guess I am just over the substance of NIN these days, or maybe I’m just getting old and boring.  In fact, I think I’m just getting old and boring - is that something I should be thinking after a NIN show?  Guess so.

Interesting observation.

I had exactly the same feeling after visiting a Peter Gabriel
concert last year.

The music was great, the show was awesome, all the other
wonderful musicians were there, like bass and Chapman stick
player Tony Levin; David Rhodes on guitars; David Sancious on
keyboards and Manu Katché on drums.

Still I had that same "meh" feeling you describe. Later it dawned
on me: I just hated seeing my all time favourite music artist as
an old man on stage...

Same with, for example, the Rolling Stones. Somehow it seems
wrong to hear a 70 year old man sing "Let's spend the night
together"...

I probably won't go and see Gabriel (and other great musicians
from the past) live again, so I can keep them alive in my mind
the way they were when they were still "young".

Now I just have to find great new arttists...

:-)

--
Gert

gert van santen