Music on Android: still crap?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun Jun 8 22:58:04 CEST 2014

Following the deafening silence after my first post to the Bar in
months, let me give it another go. :)

Since Thursday, I got my grubby hands on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
This thing sells for around €470 in the UK and Ireland, €380 in the
Netherlands and €350 in Germany. The latter is a reasonable price for a
device with a 2560x1600 screen, and 16 GB memory (plus you can put in a
64 GB MicroSD card).

I still don't really know what to do with it (the most used application
is probably My Talking Tom), but this will come in due time. The idea is
to transfer some of the stuff I currently do on PC to the tablet, if
nothing else because it's easier to read (my eyes aren't getting any
better).

 From what I can gather, the music scene on Android is pretty much like
it was on the iPhone 1, two weeks after it came out. :) Or am I missing
something and is it the next best thing since sliced bread?

- Peter