Korg35 Experts

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 23:17:43 CEST 2014

Hey Tony

> resonance is obtained by feeding a signal from the output of the Korg35 back
> to one of its inputs. it's adjusted by a pot in this feedback loop. the feedback
> loops in the circuits of the sigma are all either fixed or missing, so you would
> have to insert a vca stage into each of the filters that you wish to have
> resonance cv

Ah, okay..  Looks like I wont be adding Res control then..

Would it be easy to stop within a preset which part of the circuit is doing the Res?  For example, on page 6, the 8' Saw is a patch with a lot of resonance (either IC12 or IC9; not sure which).

http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Korg/KP-30_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf

btw, I completed a Frickin ace mod on my Korg Sigma today.  Out of the 12 Korg35 filters, 4 are in the "Instrument" section and are static for some reason.  I just wired these up to the cut off joy stick so I can now control cutoff on these 4 patches also..!!  It is switched so you can put it back to factory if you want.

Not tested to see if these 4 filters get picked up by the Filter control CV input but if not, Im sure I will be able to work out how to patch this aswell..

Very chuffed..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk