Listening to: Minilogue

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Wed Jan 29 09:04:43 CET 2014

> But Daft Punk is "more human than human.”

Does anyone really think Daft Punk is that great?  Coz I don’t.  I find their music formulaic, boring, and predictable.  There isn’t much sound design going on - most of their stuff sounds like factory presets.  The hooks?  Meh.  Subject-matter?  Meh.  Collaborating with the cheesiest people that America has to offer, for the sake of market penetration? Bo-ring.

I know its a useless rant, but I just don’t feel the DP love.

Who else is out there, electronic-music making, but *actually* innovating and actually doing amazing things?  Blinky lights are one thing; having written your own software to produce beats never before thought possible in the history of the species - a little more interesting.  I just wish I knew: who.

I guess I should listen to Minilogue, but .. sorry .. the association with Ableton just turns me right off.

j.