dNAMMit 14

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:17:48 CET 2014

On Jan 15, 2014, at 10:42 AM, Jay Vaughan <seclorum at mac.com> wrote:

>> This article makes me sad. But what can you expect from some reporter at Forbes?
>
> Why does it make you sad?  I am happy for these companies to get a ‘staid’ mainstream article written about them.  It helps the market to get stimulated ..
>
> <Maybe its the consumerism?>
>
> Anyhoo.. I relish the prospect value of the horizons of this market .. methinks its ripe!

Well the factual stuff, analog synthesizer = subtractive synthesis? "Producing instruments the old way"?   The tech and process that goes into these modern instruments is light years ahead of what was going on before.

Plus Moog, Dave Smith, Arturia, are the big boys not the little guys. Not a single mention of the modular guys (who are not rolling in the big bucks) who are arguably doing the most innovation and helped keep this thing alive so these other guys could come back.

I'm really not old enough to act like a grouchy grampa.