If you could design a music product ..

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Jan 9 22:55:20 CET 2014

Jay Vaughan schreef op 9-1-2014 01:30:

> I actually think that a return to musicality in the interface, with an
> bias towards simplicity, might be a good thing. What does a musician
> need a screen for? It doesn�t emit much of a beep.

Because some things, for some people, work better if they see them. My
son is an example of someone who's very, very visually oriented. It just
becomes easier (or actually manageable) if he can see it, rather than it
getting explained.

I can imagine situations where a two-dimensional screen gives you much
more and clearer information than a one-dimensional sound. But again
simplicity would have to be the key, and not trying to cram 500
parameters on a 10x7cm screen.

- Peter