If you could design a music product ..

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:55:27 CET 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 7:30 PM, Jay Vaughan <seclorum at mac.com> wrote:

>> If your phone can do it, so can your synth.
>
> I think for sure there is something to be said of the fact that the phone is the new application sphere.  Music-making on the iPhone is phenomenal in ways that the desktop plugin experience hasn’t yet approached - especially if you compose with multiple devices.  No question from me that 2 iPhones and an iPad are enough to bring a serious digital jam ethos into the picture.

This made a thought pop in my head. This may sound weird but I'm tired of jamming. We have waaaaaay too many things coming out in the music world that are based around the idea of jamming. It's time to get fucking productive, otherwise in the future everyone will just be at home jamming to themselves.

We need to marry the immediacy of "the jam" with the technical precision and structure of "the track."

:)