If you could design a music product ..

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at outlook.com
Thu Jan 9 02:02:40 CET 2014

>  What does a musician need a screen for?  It doesn’t emit much of a beep.

Actually...Ill tell you what.  make a synth where the entire surface is one giant touch screen where the entire interface can change (think star trek computer panels) then I would certainly be tempted to buy it.   Don't even put keys on it - make a Haken Continuum style section on the display when needed.    Make a synth engine I can assemble by dragging blocks on the touch screen with my fingers, and connect to a sequencer the same way (think Logic Environment + Nord Modular).  Drum pads when I need them, keys when I need them, etc.   Maybe put some knobs on it, but make the display surround them so that they can be contextual.
Think, like...4 ipads side by side.  An Oberheim Expander with its entire surface as a touch screen.
but, please, MIDI in/out/thru on the back :D
Tony