SSD Drive (frickin hate computers!)

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 19:27:12 CET 2014

I frickin hate computers!

Installed my SSD drive.  Mohsen mentioned how well the Samsung cloning
software works, cloning the operating system drive.  For me, not so good:

1)      Took me 24 hours to get it to even work.  Solution was to run Norton
and fix HD errors.  Worked first time after this so I guess there is a
lesson there..

2)      So, the SSD drive is now a clone and boots off this fine.  All apps
work etc BUT, no frickin internet!  Network issue is now been 24 hours also!

Symptoms are:

1)      Allocated IP address is 169.--  According to google, if this happens
with Virgin Media it means my PC is not getting a IP address allocated
correctly.  It should be 192.-

2)      Network status says: Not Connected

3)      Swapping back to the original HD and its fine

4)      So, only the clone has the network issue

Stuff Ive tried:

1)      ipconfig /release then renew

2)      Changed the MAC address just to try and kick it up the butt a
little..

3)      IP and DNS addresses are on auto but tried setting them manually

4)      Updated BIOS

5)      Updated network card drivers

6)      Turned off anything Firewall/virus related

7)      Swapped out the network card just on the off change.

I appreciate this is a very long shot but anyone got any clues?  The BIG
question to me is why should the clone drive be 100% working (bootable etc)
but without network access?

I have Virgin Media coming over tomorrow but Im not holding out much hope.

Did I mention I frickin hate computers?

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk