Win7 or Win8.1?

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 04:40:59 CET 2014

Once you get your head around it, it's not that bad, and I wouldn't load up
any extra stuff just to make it look backwards compatible.  :-)

Having said that, and now using my spanking new MacPro to type this,
working with an Apple desktop is SOOOOO much nicer than any Win machine.

Since I have to do a lot of .Net/Win stuff for work I set up Bootcamp so
that I can boot in dual mode, I also have other Win machines that I use to
connect to work and use the Mac Remote Windows connection app to manage
that, and even with all that Win stuff going on in my echo system, I have
to say, it's the Mac experience over the top of it that makes it bearable.
But I have been totally enjoying my new MacPro, and will write about it in
a separate thread.

But back to comparing Win7 and 8, 8.1 is in pretty good shape, and if you
had a music Win7 working fine, then Win8 one should be fine, and it may
very well be a bit leaner than Wiin7.  At some point you'll have to move
over, so might as well get a head start :-)

mohsen