Merry Christmas Gear?

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Wed Dec 17 23:11:39 CET 2014

I loved the V8. The best sounding analog in my collection past or present.
I actually had a new in the box keyboard for it too. I wish I knew you
wanted one, more offers are better than less! ;)

However, it was a potential service nightmare even by vintage analog
standards. It was full of unobtainum and the thought of having a $5,000 -
$10,000 door stop (even with the weak US dollar) was terrifying to me. Also
while it sounded great and had a decent synth engine, the interface was
absolutely horrible and I have a high tolerance for such things. The MIDI
implementation was akin to the Chinese Bureaucratic State- undiscernible,
ineffectual, maddening, byzantine, soul crushing, and brutal. Nothing short
of a custom controller box with lots of custom bit twiddling would have
solved the problem and while I thought of doing such a thing, it was a
project that just kept on slipping and then I had an offer. So I took it.

I also have way to much gear. If I sold half my stuff, hell 2/3 of my
stuff, I'm sure I would make more and better music. Also, there was a
smoking deal on the Harpejji that got me a totally custom one for the same
price as a used base model.

James

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM, random variate <randomvariate at hotmail.co.uk