Faderfox SC4 - I caved :-)

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Wed Dec 17 21:34:34 CET 2014

Hi Paul,

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO schreef op 17-12-2014 21:09:
> Hi Gert and Jay - COOL!!
>
> It is such a blast.  Interestingly, I have seen a few software sequencers
> coming out recently with the multi-stage concept.  Maybe people have started
> to realise that this very simple concept takes a dull step sequencer so much
> more fun and creative..  My prediction is that it will soon be a standard
> feature on many hardware sequencers..

I don't really understand what you mean with "multi-stage
concept", but perhaps there's a manual ;-)

> Anyway...
>
> I use it all the time but Im trying really hard not to start any new tracks.
> We have not finished anything in probably 18 months(!) and Leah is
> constantly nagging me about it.  Ive spent the last 2 weekends forcing
> myself to work on finishing stuff..

Would be cool to hear some new PD material :-)

> Top tip for the SC4: when jamming, record the MIDI in your DAW so you can go
> back and grab the good bits..

Check.

> Let us know when they arrive..

Will do.

> Btw Gert - did you get all that NI stuff you were going to order?

Yep, and it's awesome. I really love the integration between
keyboard and software. Finding new sounds and changing
instruments is easy, although I try not to change between
different synths/samplers too often, because the loading times
can be a bit "long" (only a couple of seconds, but still).
Changing between sounds within one synth is fast.

Love the fact that all the synths can be edited from the keyboard
without doing all the work of connecting parameters with knobs
(ugh). Even the names and the values of the parameters are
visible on the keyboard. Love it. First time I actually use knobs
(and not the mouse and GUI) to edit soft synths :-)

I have made a couple of short tracks, as was my plan, but now I'm
waiting for the holidays to do more stuff.

Also found my Arturia V3 bundle again, which I bought about 1,5
years ago and hadn't used. (sjeez!!!). Upgraded to V4 for E99 -
love those synths!

Cheers,

--
Gert