PC DAW Questions

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Dec 15 22:18:24 CET 2014

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO schreef op 15-12-2014 21:54:

> Btw, you all mentioned SSD drives.  What do you put on these?  Audio
> or operating system? Or, something else?

OS, applications and games (which can be huge). All data is stored on a
low power 4600 RPM "green" 2 TB drive. Whether that would work for audio
remains to be seen: mine actually switches itself off after a while and
takes a few seconds to wake up again.

Bear in mind that you'd want to keep at least 20% of your SSD unused,
and that you don't really want to write to it an awful lot. They still
wear and eventually break. Maybe that this is improved nowadays, but it
definitely was the case when I bought mine.

- Peter