Wot is yor DAW? (was: RE: OK, I Give Up)

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:55:05 CET 2014

<delurk>

Feels like I’ve said this before here, but SSD’s are A Must. I upgraded my previous PC after 4 or 5 years of use with a new SSD. It got 2 more years of use. The numbers might be slightly off in any direction, can’t really remember exactly, but the difference was huge. Felt like a completely new machine. The Windows XP load progress indicator went around 12 times while booting with a standard HD, and only 2 times with an SSD. Amazing difference, really.

My current DAW is a 2013 27” iMac quad core i7, 3,5 GHz, 24GB and 256 GB SSD drive. Logic and some Live. FireFace 800 as audio interface. I miss the 2 screen configuration I’ve always had with PC’s though...

Cheers,

	Kim

</delurk>