Wot is yor DAW? (was: RE: OK, I Give Up)

random variate randomvariate at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 10:49:46 CET 2014

Seems like the conventional amount of RAM for most is 16gb. I had been considering adding more RAM, but I've since decided that maybe a processor upgrade would be better. However, that would also require a rebuild of the DAW, which is never much fun.

I do have minor glitching at 4ms latency, so have increased ASIO latency to 8ms. It's still perfectly fine for my use.

I also had GPU heat problems on my DELL business laptop... Kept on bluescreening and registering 'stuck key' at startup. A bit of online research indicated a bad GPU and a complete mobo swap was only option (Which DELL did for free, even though outside of warranty, as they acknowledged it was just poor component life).

Good luck!

Sent from my Syncussion