Audio on Mac

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Wed Dec 10 16:44:27 CET 2014

On 10.Dec 2014, at 10:42 , deeplfo <deeplfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, no surprise with this question from me now:  what's the preferred audio interface to use with macs?  Just want to see what all of yous are using in that department?

besides a fistful of small and very small interfaces I own a MOTU Traveler (mk1), FW400 bus powered. [1]
Elsewhere I worked with a variety of RME (all FireWire connected) and Metric Halo interfaces.
If I was in the market for a new interface it would be a current RME-interface.

HTH, m.

[1] Watch out! I didn't look up [2] the current TB2 interface, the TB in my 2012 MBP _cannot_ bus-power the MOTU via the TB/FW800 adaptor! I don't know if that changed with TB2, but the original TB interface provides much less power than FW!

[2] PS: ok I did it anyway: compare the electrical specs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_%28interface%29 vs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1394
That's the 2nd reason why I went for a refurbished 2012 15" MBP, which still has got a FW800 port.

--
http://mz.klingt.org