Top Tip: Turning Processing On/Off

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 22:44:44 CET 2014

Can't believe I have never thought of this before!!

Background: 10+ years ago I read an interview with some top producer and he
said when he gets a remix in, the first thing he does is turn off all the
processing and effects.  Often he will then play it back to the "client" and
they will say "wow, that sounds frickin ace..  What have you done?"  The
reality is that he has done nothing other than un-do their mistakes/damage..

Since then, I have always wished there was a way to globally turn On/Off all
your processing (or effects).  This way you can A/B to see if you have
improved your mix or otherwise.

10+ years later and I worked out I CAN do it!!!!

Solution In Live:

1)      Hit the Key map button (top right). This puts Live into Learn mode
for assigning a keyboard key to parameters

2)      Got through all your processors and map their On/Off to say, key "1"

3)      Hit the Key map button again to turn off mapping mode

Whenever you hit "1", you now toggle On/Off ALL your processers you just
assigned to see instantly if you have improved the track or otherwise.

I cannot tell you have pleased I am to be able to do this!!  And its only
taken me 10+ years to think of it...!!

Duh!!!

Paul

London