Volca jam

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:28:15 CEST 2014

On Apr 22, 2014, at 5:21 AM, Joost Schuttelaar <joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:

> On 22 apr. 2014, at 11:12, Jay Vaughan <seclorum at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Great, new toys to buy.  ;)
>
> The Volca Bass is by far the coolest of the three. We had some troubles with syncing up the Anushri and the Volca's (when you change the PPQN of the sync out of the Anushri the internal sequencer also slows down), so a little Arduino master clock was created (MIDI clock out [24ppqn] and sync out [2ppqn]). Breadboard madness, will stick in a case soon ;)

I have found the volcas have trouble syncing to each other sometimes. You can have to figure out which one will be best as the master and then sometimes wiggle the cable. Apparently the reason is since the cv sync jack is near the audio out sometimes there is bleed that screws up the sync, also the cables they give you are very shit. Worse than doepfer cables :)