Patchbay woes...

Rom MUSIC BAR xtechcode at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 12:13:20 CEST 2014

I remember talking with Joost about Pachtbay …
Far as i know in theory “A patch bay is well configured if it has nothing patched on the front … “
if you have a cable patched  on the front it s just to redirect the signal to something else than your default routing …

I m using a patch bay with adat 8000 and sound card (8in/out)

I tried to set it in a kind of  logical way ( also using sticker can be useful to know what is what) ..
See below, maybe my drawing will inspire you :)

-From TOP at the back  1 to 8  I plugged the instruments i mostly used then they are routed  in // to the Bottom  from 1 to 8  which are routed  to my input sound card (rme).
-From TOP at the back  13 to 20 I plugged the instruments i mostly used then they are routed  in // to the Bottom  from 13 to 20  which are routed  to the Adat in
-From TOP at the back 9 to 12 I plugged 4 outputs from the sound card ( nb: 9 and 10 are routed // to the bottom 9 and 10 )
-From TOP at the back from 21 to 24 I plugged 4 outputs from Adat out
-From Bottom at the back  9 and 10 are routed to minidisk in  ( yes i still have a minidisk :-)
-From Bottom at the back 23 is routed to my Guitar  pedal fx
-From Bottom at the back 24 is routed to my guitar rack   fx

nb:  Bottom 11, 12, 21, 22 : I don’t used …

                   INSTRUMENTS                                               INSTRUMENTS
                /    |    |    |    |    |    \   \     AUDIO OUT       /     /      |      |      |      |      \             ADAT OUT
T O P    : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
Bottom : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
               -  Soundcard RME in -  -  MD  -                    -           ADAT IN                 -             -RP10-   -  Rocktron -

Romain