Cool new iOS music app: Modular

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Wed Sep 25 08:53:48 CEST 2013

> Wishing I had an iPad (mini or full size) for my 9 music apps & 13 games).

I'll upgrade from my iPad2 to the next iPadMini+Retina (if its released soon) as soon as its released .. of course the iPad2 is already pretty great to run this app on, but in the next iteration I think its going to be amazing.  I'm really becoming a fan of iPad-based music-making; the musical-instrument'ness of the thing is appealing, its just so damn fun to get a few inexpensive apps loaded up, and jam.

Of course, this goes against years of disgust in soft-synth's and whatnot, but .. this is not a PC DAW environment.  Its a lot more fun to play soft-synths when all you have to do is download them, press the icon, and play ..

j.