MiniBrute - Views

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at outlook.com
Sun Sep 22 16:49:50 CEST 2013

I had one...but I sold it.  It sounded great and was really a lot of fun to play on, but the unit I got had issues.  The Oscillators did not track very well over more than an octave and a half and the CV inputs were very weird.  The metal weights they glued to the keys to dampen vibrations were falling off into the case.  I had it replaced under warranty and the second one had issues too.  The consensus at the time was "that's just how they are" so I sold it to a guy who didn't care and moved on.  Recently, I heard that a lot of the first run shipped to the US were terrible and that Arturia has since switched manufacturers.  I don't know if that's true or not.
Given the money, I'd go for the Bass Station II thats out now.  I played one at KnobCon a few weeks ago and it is exceptionally cool!  If I still worked in styles that required that kind of sound, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Tony