Music Industry? What industry?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Sep 16 22:18:45 CEST 2013

Op 16-9-2013 22:08, Ron West schreef:

> I think you misunderstood me. I know that people will throw their cash
> at their idols to make them rich. What I meant was that I find it
> absurd that people are willing to do that. $200 for a seat at a
> concert? $500 for a stupid sporting event? Puhleeeeze!

Well, we pay such an amount annually to see the Joseph Calleja concert
in Malta. (Joseph Calleja is a Maltese tenor, and damn good at it.)
Actually, my mother-in-law pays for the tickets, so that's OK then. :) A
pretty similar amount for when Andrea Bocelli came to Malta, and Duran
Duran weren't cheap either.

The question is: is it worth it for me? At all of these occasions, I had
a great time. But then again, for me it was about the music, and not the
celebrities. And being part of a crowd has something magical to it.

- Peter