Re: The Security Übermensch

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Fri Sep 6 15:17:58 CEST 2013

I think it's important to consider that good crypto is not broken. If you read through the lines you see that there are basically two ways crypto is being defeated by the NSA:

1) Corporate infiltration (e.g. acquiring private keys) — not something that is automated or really scalable
2) Paralel decryption (e.g. decrypting a billion messages is relatively much faster than decrypting one message)

BTW: I'm not an expert at all in crypto and I've been following this topic only on the sidelines, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL