Anyone in New York want a fully loaded SGI Onyx2 workstation?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Sep 2 16:15:57 CEST 2013

Op 2-9-2013 14:35, Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Are any of you guys willing to go get it?  (Jackson Heights) - if so, I can give you the address and contact details .. if not, well I guess we miss the opportunity to have a nice machine on the music-bar somehow .. ;)

Just looked up the specs... it has about 1/50th the performance of my
ageing GTX 580 when it comes to drawing triangles.

Now surely there's more to the Onyx 2 than drawing triangles, but to
have a massive machine that eats power like it's for free (which it
isn't), just because it used to be really sexy 20 years ago... aren't
you just thinking about the time that YOU were 20 years younger? ;)

- Peter