New toy?

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Wed Nov 13 20:51:34 CET 2013

Hey Jay

Can't remember what u thought of the 2 Arturia synths but I think they look
fab.

My recent purchases are an Expert Sleepers ES3 and ES5 hardware units.
These provide 8xCV and 8xGate down a single ADAT using the lovely Silent
Ways software:

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html

The same single ADAT can be extended to something like 20xCV or 40 Gate, or
lots of combinations of the two.

I don't have a Modular synth, or a beard, but this control is fab for all my
synths and drum machines.

Also cool is this stuff gives u sample accurate envelopes and LFOs,
something MIDI interfaces can't touch. All within your DAW.  So, a synth
with limited envelope control (my Sigma / 800dv and 770 for example) can now
have filter envelopes.  Furthermore, these are envelopes like nothing you
have ever seen before

Really cool stuff but clearly will not suit everyone..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk