iPad gadget for 10-year-old?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Nov 2 09:27:44 CET 2013

Andrew Tarpinian schreef op 1-11-2013 15:59:

> Check out the wacom pens. There is the intuos creative stylus http://www.wacom.com/en/us/creative/intuos-creative-stylus which is more advanced but uses Bluetooth so may be too complex for a kid, say if it disconnects, and it's only compatible with some software (not sure if it's just the pressure sensitivity or in general.) Then there is the bamboo stylus solo http://www.wacom.com/en/us/everyday/bamboo-stylus-solo which is just a dumb pen, but might be more reliable for a kid. There are also some other options.

Well, our son is a bit special, as in "special needs". Which means that
in things like comprehension and speech he is a little behind, but when
it comes to maths and technical things, he's ahead.

Case in point: he loves Minecraft (and mentions a lot that it's Swedish
:) ), and he saw a "breeding machine" on YouTube. This was the finished
thing, but he built one himself, from the finished example.

So I think that Bluetooth would not really be a problem. :)

> They both have big tips, but fine for a kid. Lots of drawig apps available, Paper is good because it makes nice lines automatically if you are not used to drawing on the ipad.  http://www.fiftythree.com

Thanks for the links! While a keyboard would be nice and useful, what is
good for you guys is not necessarily the best for a child with a focus
(not to mention, obsession) on games, particularly Minecraft. But he
loves drawing as well. so I think he would like a stylus.

- Peter