Reason to upgrade

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 22:12:12 CET 2013

The new reason midi out seems like a good enough excuse for me to finally
upgrade my 3.0 (or something) version.

https://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/new/

Plus this blocks (not new to the new version) thing seems pretty
interesting:

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=devices_blocks

You can do the same kinda idea in ableton but not quite like this, it's
kinda like creating nested comps in After Effects or most video
applications. Forgetting the standard song structure, might be interesting
to use to approach more non traditional arrangement experiments.

Also I have seen a few people reference how punchy and great reason sounds
vs. other applications. Is this a new thing? cuz my issue with it back in
the day is that it always sounded weak, or "sounded like Reason."