KOMPLETE NEUN

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Mar 11 21:33:28 CET 2013

Op 11-3-2013 21:17, Tony Scharf schreef:
> Wow.  We really needed another Minimoog clone.  So innovative, NI.
>
> Battery 4 is a maybe.  I haven't heard all of what is new yet.  I
> don't use it enough probably alone to justify this and I know I will
> never use that Moog emulation.  This is probably a skip for me.

I never bought Komplete. I did get Battery, Reaktor and some
other stuff in the past, but I don't really use it anymore.

Thing is, the amount of soft synths and other vst's has become so
incredibly huge, that it's almost no fun anymore to be interested
in them and/or read about them, let alone buy them. There is just
so much overlap. And the whole updating thing is so annoying.

I'm sort of trying to restrict myself to a maximum of 5-10
favourite soft synths, a couple of mastering thingies, the Push
(AARGHH - the WAIT!!!) and a keyboard. And then get really deep.

I still love the hardware I own, but I only use some of it, live
or for sampling. I might sell some of them The problem is, I'm
quite attached to the stuff that I still have here...

Oh, well, luxury problems. Perhaps, when the Netherlands and the
rest of the European Union are really completely f*cked, someone
wants to swap a loaf of bread for an Elektron drum machine...

;-)

Gert

--
gert van santen