NEUN

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:00:53 CET 2013

*> imagine the looper behavior, but with multiple tracks (and instruments)
at the same time.*
**
Not sure if i get it right but looper plugin on different multi tracks is
possible in ableton,  the problem for me is cpo power and memory of my
machine ... macbook white 2007 , 4 Ghz memory ... :S

 my following setup should work on faster computers : looper plugins
 are setup individually on different tracks with key control on 3  usb
keyboards that i transformed in kind of foot-pedals ( key control are for :
select track, record, play, undo,stop, and another shortcut to transfer the
loop recorded in looper to a clip in another track but i don t remember the
name right now ) ...

About  Push : imo is nothing less than a controller binding; Launch pad,
machine, mpc ideas together ...
And it s like they developed kind of  Novation automap concept only for
ableton ... if it s really the case they are not really innovative imo ...
This is why i m not interested to buy it, and what will happen when Ableton
10 with new features will come out,
let me guess :  a new device ?  :-P
Plush nb 2, with his one new feature :  a LCD under the button for you to
see the clips names ...  shame it s not in Plush 1!  hmmm

The question I asked myself with those new devices is :
Should we really play music without thinking ?
I mean ... plugging an electrical  device and pushing buttons (all
pre-setup by engineer) makes you a musician-composer ?
Just do a experience, put all those neophyte musicians all together with
their machines-maker and the result is: they can'T play together any
harmonies, variations .. just chaos stuff comes out and of course you will
need drugs to appreciated it ... in 4\4!

Ok, now i go back to the circle of fourth and fifth to be able to play with
other real musicians who knows what is a key !  :)

Don t take it personally ... You are a very good musician as the most
barians on the list and i hope that push will bring you a better workflow
for your creativity, but in general i really wonder where the world is
going with all this technology against theory  as i mentioned above ...

Romain

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Andrew Tarpinian
<andrewtarpinian at gmail.com>wrote:

> Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
>
> They really tightened up the feel of session view. Even just working with
> my novation last night things just felt more grown up. I still have issues
> with the arrangement window during the creation process, and live is really
> telling me now "don't do that there dummy." They have backed this  up by
> making session feel better, and I have a feeling I am going to be using it
> for a lot longer in a song before going to the arrange. This quote below
> from the CDM article has me very exited:
>
>  "These work in conjunction with Push’s dedicated hardware buttons, but
> will also come in handy even without Push. You can always sketch out ideas
> by creating new clips, as before. Now, hitting New on Push advances to a
> new, empty clip. Duplicate copies the active clip to a new space, so you
> can add to a pattern one layer at a time (a bit as you might with a
> hardware looper, but with a set of patterns recorded afterward). And the
> Capture and Insert New feature duplicates all the clips currently playing
> into a new scene – imagine the looper behavior, but with multiple tracks
> (and instruments) at the same time.
>
> You can also use Fixed Length to set a pre-determined loop length, then
> begin recording into a clip of that length. This, at last, gives Live
> looper-style behavior useful to a lot of musicians. It’s not quite the
> same as what you can do with a looper pedal – there’s still no way to set
> the length based on your first recording – but it’s terribly useful in
> overlaying ideas."
>
> This is the killer feature for me. I think the combo of my SL keyboard and
> Push are going to be really what I have been looking for. I foresee myself
> building a lot of new instrument and drum racks for my plug-ins and sounds.
>
> People are focusing on the small amount of features added, but I think
> they are missing out on what's really going on here, maturity.
>

> Also anyone notice the master channel audibly clips a lot more easily now,
> if it just touches the red you start to hear clipping. This is probably a
> good thing as it's most likely more accurate now.

Romain