Ambient Jam

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:17:27 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Joost Schuttelaar
<joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:
> Very nicely drone.

I see what you did there...

> So the bell-like sound, that's the Origin?

Nope - that's all the guitar.  We recorded the dry direct signal
through the modular (only the effects of the A119s input and a full
open SEM20 filter on it) along with a parallel signal through an FX
chain on the Fractal Audio Axe FX.   I offset the raw from the
effected by a beat to disassociate the two from each other.   There
were a few edits done, some compression on the raw guitar and the
whole mix went through abletons reverb just to tie it together.  The
origin (with some minibrute mixed under it, though barely audible) is
the droning organ kind of sound. I really like the tone wheel
oscillators on that thing. How accurate they are, I don't know...but
they sound great for these kinds of drone sounds.

Including recording, we probably spent 2 hours on it.

Tony