DIY Electronics Question

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 22:15:44 CET 2013

Hi PaulM

> does this "thing" already have internal CVs for the two LPFs?
> and if so, are they the same CV internally or two different ones?
>
> let me know and I'll draw you a schematic tonight and email it you.

The 800dv has two completely separate LFP (and HPF but lets ignore them for
now).  So, I have modified the synth with two CV inputs:

CV1 -> LPF1
CV2 -> LPF2

The above works, but, what I have done is wire the first socket to the
second so that if only CV1 is plugged in, it controls both filters:

CV1 -> LPF1
        + -> LPF2

This also work.  BUT(!) because of this connection, if I now control LPF2
from the synth, this feeds back into LFP1 cutoff.

Everything would be fine IF the above + symbol only worked in 1 direction
which is why I suggested a diode.

Thanks dude..

London
www.punkdisco.co.uk