DIY Electronics Question

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 18:48:41 CET 2013

Hi all

Ive been doing some pretty sexy stuff with a Korg 800dv.  Firstly I
installed an Analogue Solutions CV kit - to be honest, this was way too
expensive for what it gives you especially once you realise what it does not
so.  So, I decided to modify the kit and it is all working fab apart from
this:

The 800dv is two voice so there are 2 sets of CV/Gate + 2 sets of LPF CV and
HPF CV.  I wanted the sockets to control both voices if only 1 set of
sockets are installed.  This works great BUT, the connection between the
filter CVs flows in both directions (obviously which means even when there
is no external CV control, the second filter controls the first filter.  Its
complicated to describe but I know how to fix it:

Question: for a CV circuit, if I want CV to flow in one direction and not
the other, would a diode do this?  If so, what sort of rating do I need?

Thanks for any pointers..

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk