Apple: meh

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 20:25:25 CEST 2013

As far as I know, there are only a few motherboards that include
Thunderbolt on the board.  USB3 is still there.  My feeling is that
Intel still wants to push USB3 over Thunderbolt. So long as macs have
both TB and USB3, then you're not going to see much adoption outside
of high end hard drives designed specifically for high end
audio/graphics work.

As the amount of software I use as fallen out to basically being
Ableton Live and NI Komplete, I could probably switch to a mac now and
not even really notice the difference.  For the way I work, of course,
a mac mini could probably handle my workload just fine.