Grrr Linux

ToAd tom.adam at thebigear.be
Tue Jul 30 23:36:28 CEST 2013

Hey Jay,
Thanks for the offer, I'll get back with my system specifications later;-)

I used to be on ubuntu, but recently changed to fedora as Bernard
(remember him) is on fedora...
I run fedora 17, but not the rt kernel. Using the rt kernel locks
everything, I mean the screen works, I see the mouse moving, but
clicking anywhere doesn't seem to matter.

I have a delta1010, works just fine.

I have a midisport 4*4, working ok in qjack. I use seq24 for start/stop
and midi clock messages to sync ardour and the cirklon. This link is
what drives me crazy. When I got it working once, I wrote down all the
settings for qjack, ardour and seq24. I even wrote down the sequence of
each setting I made. The next day I repeated these exact steps, and what
do you think, nothing. Sometimes only ardour is starting, sometimes only
the cirklon, but most of the time nothing happened at all.  Oh, and
saving presets and templates doesn't change a thing in the likelyhood of
getting it to work.

Oh, Did I mention that, when I want to create a folder when working in a
terminal, I have to check how to do that on the internet. That's the
level your dealing with here ;-)

Anyway, I appreciate your help and I might just install ubuntu studio
and give it one more shot, but I'm still curious about the sync gen pro.

PS I've been in China 4 times since our last mails, still no luck on the
scsi-usb cables. But I'm working on it.

Cheers,
Tom