Logic Pro X

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:43:18 CEST 2013

I've heard a lot of people praise StudioOne.  I used it when it first came
out since it came with the Presonus interface that I bought.  It thought it
was OK.

I have to say I've been becoming somewhat of a convert to Reason.  The MIDI
out and the recording capabilities really have me going.  I've got a couple
cheap rack extensions for it as well that I am using to create generative
MIDI data to drive the Eurorack and my Origin.  It's really very good.

I feel almost ashamed for having dismissed all the hype surrounding its
modeled SSL mixer.  It really had a huge impact on the entire sounds of the
package.

Tony

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:

> In the light of this update, I downloaded the most recent version of
> reaper and must say I'm quite amazed at what it can do.
>
> It has some very creative plugins included and the price for non
> commercial (Making less than 20k with your business) is only 60usd.
>
> A friend of mine is using studio one a lot. Any users of that in here?
>
> I still think logic is most convenient (don't like cubase) because of the
> built in sample editor. But it doesn't hurt to look around...;)
>
> Sent from my phone
>
> On 22.07.2013, at 14:05, "Romain / rXg" <xtechcode at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What I think is cool for me, is to be able to see the code for the plugins
> ..
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYba6E7Oeu0
>

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Andrew Robinson <andrew at bml.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, a new version of Logic. Nice, but only works with 64 bit plugins and
>> I have no idea how much of my stuff that would break. Wonder if I should
>> pay £139 for this (there's no upgrade or student discount), or finally
>> switch over to Ableton Live 9 which £181 with a student discount?
>>

>> http://www.macworld.com/article/2044283/logic-pro-x-loses-none-of-its-power-gains-great-new-features.html
>>
>> - Andy_R

> --
> Romain