PCIe soundcards on a budget ?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Jul 19 20:06:46 CEST 2013

> Honestly, I don't think that possibility was even acknowledged. I think one problem might be that the hardware the souncard will be connected to would also need to have firewire ports, and I don't know if it has. Also, it might be a bit overkill as Firewire was designed for transporting multiple tracks, isn't it ? Sometimes more is better, but when it's really not needed and money is a concern ...

Understood!  Although, if you do have a Firewire port onboard already, external FW-adapters are pretty cheap these days .. at least, I picked up another FP10 recently for 75eu-.  That was a steal, because its quite decent.

I'm not a fan, but USB-Audio also works pretty well, and you can get a class-compliant multi-channel USB Audio adapter for 25eu in Austrian MediaMarkts/etc.  Might also be an option, eh?

;
--
Jay Vaughan