PCIe soundcards on a budget ?

Cyrille Damez cyrille.damez at laposte.net
Fri Jul 19 20:01:53 CEST 2013

On Friday 19 July 2013 10:50:04 Jay Vaughan wrote:
> > Anything to recommend ?
>

> Off-topic, but why not Firewire Audio?

Honestly, I don't think that possibility was even acknowledged. I think one problem might be that the hardware the souncard will be connected to would also need to have firewire ports, and I don't know if it has. Also, it might be a bit overkill as Firewire was designed for transporting multiple tracks, isn't it ? Sometimes more is better, but when it's really not needed and money is a concern ...