Our latest obsession ..

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Jul 2 17:20:07 CEST 2013

> Yeah, depron planes are great to learn RC or when you want to have cheap fun with air combat :)

We want to have cheap fun crashing and bashing.  Combat will come when the Spitfires are in the air .. ;)

> few years ago we were building Pibros model like a crazy testing different types of power plants.
> http://www.rc-soar.com/pibros/
> It can be fast and deadly for the opponent ;)

Very nice!  A lot like the FT Delta we'll build tomorrow (today its the FT Flyer).  Not sure I'd like to be on the receiving end of one of those things.

> The only thing I'll not buy there are models. I've read too many bad reviews and complaints about the quality.

I've had a lot of fun times with ParkZone models, which you can get from HK .. but every year at the Wien Modellshau the PZ products are available for real cheap, so we're going to stock up soon .. ;)

> I'll keep building my models myself :)

Me too!

> http://rc-kwidzyn.za.pl/images/bristol/16.08.04/4.jpg
> http://rc-kwidzyn.za.pl/images/spacewalker/24.07.07/3.jpg
> http://rc-kwidzyn.za.pl/images/dyna-dec/10.07.05/1.jpg

Wow, nice work .. not fun to crash, but  .. definitely nice to see in the air!

We're ramping up for cheap FPV setups .. you got any experience with that yet Marek?  Trying to work out which of my US-based associates would be a good recipient of a FatShark package, tee hee ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan