Spark LE

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Fri Jan 25 18:45:58 CET 2013

I love that what they call “stand-alone” now means it can run on a PC
without a DAW host.  Not my idea of standalone.  I really want to like it
but it really falls short on a simple interface issue.  The main
competition os obviously Maschine which I have a really like.  However, I
can use Maschine without ever looking at the screen of my PC.  Not so with
the Spark.  The whole having to refer back and forth between the control
surface and the screen is an epic failure in my mind.  I don’t get why
Arturia just can’t seem to get form factor right. I had this gripe with the
Origin desktop while I had it.  The keyboard version of the Origin is an
example of a horrible, horrible aesthetic run massively amok and unleashed
on an unsuspecting population.  No wonder it never went anywhere.

James R. Coplin