Moog Sub Phatty

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Wed Jan 23 17:28:36 CET 2013

Marc,

  well, OTAs are current control opamps, containing hundres of transistors.
 A FET is, well, a single transistor.

 Originally the FET was designed as a replacement for valves and in many
ways it has a lot of similarities, it does have a unique distortion tone,
but it's NOT the nice/warm as a valve, but not not as harsh as a transistor
being over driven.

Paul