Well don't I feel silly...

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:42:50 CET 2013

As far as alcohol tolerance goes, Irish + Chippewa has some unfortunate
consequences.  I am a notorious lightweight.  It takes very little to get
me fairly drunk.  On the upside, I also seem to burn alcohol like nothing
and still rarely have hangovers.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM, James Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

> My background is pretty much 50/50 Irish and German which means I like to
> get drunk, billegerant, and unsuccessfully attempt to conquer the world on
> a fairly regular basis.
>
> James R. Coplin
>
> On Tuesday, January 22, 2013, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Op 22-1-2013 18:28, Komatos schreef:
>>
>>  Same thing here Tony. I'm an American mutt myself. German, Irish,
>>> Scottish & English from my dad's side, Hungarian & Polish from my mom's
>>> side. Just about every hard drinking ethnicity from Europe runs through my
>>> veins. ;-)
>>>

>> "Hard-drinking ethnicity from Europe" doesn't exactly narrow it down,
>> because *all* of Europe is hard-drinking:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**List_of_countries_by_alcohol_**consumption<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption>
>>
>> Which would explain a thing or two. :-)
>>
>> From what I can tell, my ancestry is very localised to a specific area in
>> the nowadays Netherlands. But this area has been French, United Dutch,
>> Belgian, part of the German League, and finally Dutch (bisected by a German
>> occupation) in just the last two centuries, so I'm right there with you
>> guys. :-)
>>
>> - Peter

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoiseTheorem