K2000 memory

Marek Szulen mszulen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:39:01 CET 2013

Yeah, correct. Especially these which were sold as the only
super-duper-special-ones for samplers :)

btw, I've solved my problem with broken memory.
When I did the memory test, system said my K2k has 64mb of ram.
But when I was loading samples, these were broken, erratic and sometimes
couldn't load bigger banks.
I've looked into the service manual I've found over the net and opened the
K2k.

Noticed that the memory modules were installed in wrong order (I have 2
small and 2 large modules).
Should be: 2A - 1A - 1B - 2B, but were like large - large - small - small.
This way, for some reason system saw 64mb instead of real 34 (2x16 + 2x1mb).
Once corrected - everything works perfectly :)

Now, I would only need 2x16mb to expand it fully. Anyway, I can load most
of the banks I have.

Marek