Well don't I feel silly...

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Tue Jan 22 08:38:57 CET 2013

2013/1/21 Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com>

> On Jan 21, 2013, at 4:26 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:
>
> > Watches stopped being time-telling devices a long time ago. It's an
> auxiliary function on what is essentially a fashion item.
>
> I don't think so, I think you are going to see more separation of tasks in
> the near future. Today most people check the time on their phone. This
> involves:
>
> Take phone out of pocket
> Unlock
> Put in pas-code
> Notice you have a text
> Check text
> Check email
> Look at cool link to moog sub phatty
> Make comment: "moog rulez 4 3v3r!!!"
> Check Facebook
> Look at cat pictures
> Forget where you're going, check maps
> Put phone back in pocket
>
> Wonder what time it is.
>
> Far simpler to look at your watch

That's not the fault of not having a watch, but of your phone having too
many functions. :) Although I agree that looking at pictures of cats is one
of the more useful innovations in mobile technology of the last decade or
two. ;)

Currently I'm using this watch again:
http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watch_museum/s-mode/oberon/

(And there's another Bar'ian that has this watch if I'm not mistaken.)

It is, actually, far simpler to look at your phone than trying to decipher
this watch. But you have so many clocks these days, whether on your phone,
your tablet, your computer or on the wall, that watches have become
superfluous, and that the most important reason to get on is to make a
statement.

- Peter